Sunday, September 25, 2011
Most of us try our hardest to stop the clock in our face, but one of the places that shows aging the most is your hands. You make sure to moisturize, exfoliate and apply sunscreen to your face and neck on a regular basis, but do you remember to do the same to your hands? Chances are good, if you’re like most people, the answer is no. Make today the day that you include your hands in your skin care regime so you can knock back a few years. With regular care, you’ll notice younger looking hands.
1. Wash your hands with a Moisturizing Hand Soap Use a moisturizing hand soap to combat dryness.
2. Use an rich hand cream on your hands nightly to keep them looking young. You can also intensify the moisturizer. Place white cotton gloves on your hands after you apply the moisturizer every night. The gloves will insulate your hands and help the moisturizer to penetrate deeper into the skin on your hands to keep them looking young.
3. Exfoliate once a week to keep them looking young. Use your face scrub to wash your hands. Wet your hands and squeeze a small amount of face scrub into them. Work the face scrub between your hands to keep them looking young. This will also remove dead skin cells.
4. Keep your nails trimmed and your cuticles moisturized. Ragged nails and cuticles make your hands look older then they are. A clear coat of nail polish will make your nails look shiny and young-looking.
5. Wear latex gloves when cleaning. This will protect your hands from harsh chemicals and hot water.