I've been asked over and over again by both women and men: I am not sure what to order because I don’t know what skin type I have, do I order a sample of each product, or make a guess.
I help them by asking them to follow just a few simple steps that will help identify and choose the correct products.
1. Wash your face with a skin cleanser and pat dry.
2. Wait an hour.
3. Note whether your skin feels tight or not.
4. Press with 2 separate tissues onto each area on your face: Forehead, outer forehead and nose, chin, the center of cheeks and outer cheeks.
5. Examine each tissue and look for oil residue or flaky skin residue.
6. Interpret the results: Oil on each tissue indicates an oily skin, while oil on only some tissues (specifically on the T- zone which is the center of the forehead, nose, chin, and center of cheeks) indicates a combination skin type. Flaky skin residue on all tissues- without oil residue- or tight feeling in the skin indicates dry skin type. No oil and no flaky residue on any parts of the tissues indicate a normal skin type.