Never heard of moringa before? Although this plant was initially discovered for its beneficial properties thousands of years ago, only recently has moringa (sometimes called the Ben oil tree) become known as one of the most impressive plants.
The moringa plant (Moringa oleifera) is prized for its food and medicinal value, but home gardeners will also enjoy its delicate, fern-like leaves and tropical appearance. Also called the horseradish tree for the taste of its roots, the moringa plant is native to India, Arabia, and parts of the East Indies and Africa.
The tree grows rapidly and reaches an average height of around 25 feet. In the spring, fragrant white flowers sprout from the leaves. The flowers are about the size of the leaflets. The tree also produces long, distinctive seed pods, which can reach 18 inches in length.
Moringa Contains many nutrients and essential vitamins, such as Vitamin A (Beta Carotene), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B6 Pyrodixine), Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin E (Tocopherol) and Vitamin K.Moringa has gained a reputation for fighting inflammation and combating various effects of malnutrition and aging, earning the nickname “the miracle plant.”
Here are the top seven proven moringa benefits
- The antioxidants in moringa make your skin revitalized by controlling free radicals. Free radicals cause your skin to age. The cleansing ability of moringa makes your skin youthful and radiant.
- Around 30 antioxidants are contained in moringa. Moringa oil delivers all these to the skin, being highly absorbable. They make your skin healthy.
- Collagen in the skin makes your skin elastic and flexible. Keratin gives strength and rigidity to the skin. These 2 substances are constructed from sulfur. Being rich in sulfur, moringa leaves are really good for your skin.
- Moringa seed extract has skin purifying properties and therapeutic skincare benefits. As such, it is used in the cosmetic industry. Impurities in the skin are filtered out, and your skin is rejuvenated and detoxified. The natural skin tone and color are balanced to make your skin fairer. Moringa leaves can be used as a face mask by making a paste from it.
- Moringa seeds are used to extract the ben oil. It makes babies’ skin soft, and also has a soothing effect.
- Moringa seed extract is capable of protecting the skin from heavy metal pollution and cigarette smoke. It is widely used in protective creams for this purpose.
- Moringa seed powder is a very powerful cleansing agent. It's useful for protecting the skin from adhering pollution and smog.