Raspberry Seed Oil is a luxurious, sweet and attractive sounding oil of luscious fresh raspberries on a summer day. Its botanical name is Rubus idaeus.
Raspberry Seed Oil is cold-pressed and obtained from the seeds. The oil can often be sourced locally, depending on the country's local climate and whether raspberries are locally grown. The cold-pressed oil has strong Yellow/Green tint, and the natural scent is often described as light fresh and earthy.
Raspberry Seed Oil contains up to 83% omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Tocopherols (Vitamin E), which act as antioxidants, polyphenols, and other antioxidants. It is also rich in carotenoids (Vitamin A)
Raspberry Seed Oil offers anti-aging benefits of improving skin elasticity, and suppleness, while softening and smoothing wrinkles, and fine lines. Often used in skincare products for its hydrating, antioxidant and lipid-barrier-forming benefits, like our Defense Serum.
Reasons to Use Raspberry seed oil
- Anti-inflammatory due to high content of alpha-linolenic acid (the highest in any fruit seed oil) and phytosterols, therefore helpful for eczema and psoriasis.
- Very high in Vitamin E - an antioxidant. Antioxidants in skincare are important to prevent oxidative damage, which can lead to premature skin aging.
- Very high levels of phytosterols that can help reduce trans-epidermal water loss, thereby helping to keep skin moisturized.
- Phytosterols also help to repair skin damaged by environmental factors including sun damage.
- It’s a great source of alpha-linolenic acid – an essential fatty acid that has regenerative and anti-aging skin benefits.