What's even better than a massage? A chocolate-flavored one! This homemade beauty treatment creates a stunning display when the chocolate mixture is dropped into the oil.
Chocolate Kiss Massage Oil
- 1/2 square of unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 1/2 tsp water (depending on the consistency of the honey you choose)
- 3 grates of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- Bottle with a cap
1. Microwave chocolate and honey in a small bowl for 20-30 seconds. Stir mixture. Add vanilla, water, and nutmeg, blend well.
2. Pour oil into a small, clean bottle. Drop chocolate mixture in with a spoon or dropper. Cap bottle tightly.
- When ready to use, shake oil well. Pour small amount and warm in hands. Apply to your partner, massage and enjoy!
Champagne Honey Bath
Saving champagne just for New Year’s is a shame! This sensual champagne honey bath is made even better in a tub that has jets. If you have any champagne leftover, sip it while soothing in the fragrant soak.
- 1-2 bottles of Champagne
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 7 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- Rose petals, if desired
- Add sweet almond oil and essential oils to the honey and blend.
- As you fill a bath with hot water, add the honey mixture. Continue filling bath a couple of degrees warmer, than preferred. Once the tub is filled to the desired level, pop the cork on the Champagne and add to the water.
If your bathtub has jets, use them. (With jets, 1 bottle of Champagne is sufficient.) If not, add a second one. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
- Fill bathtub ¼ full with hot water, add the bag, steep 5 to 10 minutes, then fill the remainder of the tub with cool water.
- Allow the tea to gently infuse your bath and moisturize your skin while you relax.
Seduction Skin Glow for Two
The Aztecs referred to chocolate as "nourishment of the Gods." Almond oil is thought to induce passion in women, while nutmeg is highly prized by the Chinese as an aphrodisiac. This recipe combines all three to create a decadent Valentine’s Day treat for you and your sweetheart
Chocolate-Almond Body Scrub
This homemade beauty treatment combines chocolate, almond oil, and nutmeg to create a decadent Valentine’s Day treat for you and your sweetheart.
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops vanilla essential oil (1/8 tsp. vanilla extract may also be substituted)
- 12 grates of nutmeg
1. Microwave chocolate, water, and honey for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, almond oil, essential oils, and nutmeg and blend well.
2. Store in clean plastic, glass or tin container.
To use: Apply the mixture to damp skin in a warm shower. Scrub gently in circular motions. Rinse. Lightly pat the skin dry.
For maximum sensuality, go for food that's slippery or involves dipping or spreading. You might start with fresh fruit -- such as grapes, strawberries or raspberries -- that can be dipped in whipped cream. Or try bread or crackers with soft spreads like goat cheese and hummus. The final bubbly touch: Create a romantic cocktail by dropping pomegranate seeds into champagne.