Lilly Pilly is a summer flowering evergreen bush, belonging to the myrtle family Myrtaceae. features rough woody bark, smooth waxy leaves, and dark red small fruit.
Grown extensively throughout Australia for shade or screen, its dense, glossy green leaves providing color and concealment year-round. In the autumn season, lilly pilly plant begins to bear fruit. The branches growing heavy with clusters of small globules varying in color from blush to deep magenta.
Native Aborigines traditionally used Lilly Pilly for its great healing and antibacterial properties and ate the berries for its high content of Vitamin C
This plant is also known as Rain berries or Lilli Pilli
Lilly Lilly provides numerous skin care benefits:
• High on vitamin C and fruit acids that improve the firmness of the skin while keeping it radiant and youthful.
• Anti-aging, anti-inflammatory
• Brightens the skin
• Potent anti-aging active. Reduction of lipid peroxidation and DNA damage.
• Promote a regenerative capacity of cells. Protects skin from oxidative stress and aging.
• Improves collagen production.
• Provides substantial protection against the adverse effects of UVB radiation.
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Lilly Pilly Extract works wonders in our Facial Scrub